Private Equity Fund Services - Associate
Private Equity Fund Services - AssociateJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The J.P. Morgan Alternative Investment Services ("AIS") business sits within Securities Services and is one of the largest fund and portfolio administration businesses in the industry, administering over $650 billion in assets globally. The business was launched in November of 2005 through the commercialization of the finance and technology teams supporting J.P. Morgan's various private equity and real estate entities. The AIS business is comprised of over 800 dedicated professionals with offices in Dublin, London, Luxembourg, New York, Bangalore, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, Singapore and Sydney. The team provides administration services to more than 150 clients across all alternative asset classes including private equity, infrastructure, real estate, private credit, distressed debt, venture capital, secondaries and more The AIS business is growing rapidly and we are looking for experienced accountants that can help service some of our larger and strategic relationships.
Job Description - Associate, Private Equity Fund Administration
The principle responsibility of the Associate is to review and manage client deliverables for our Private Equity fund administration clients. The role will involve daily client interactions and require the individual to manage expectations, balance multiple priorities and work in a team setting to deliver accurate and timely reporting to clients and investors.
- Maintain the books and records of Private Equity funds
- Set-up and maintenance of fund structures and investments in accounting database
- Prepare and/or review periodic Net Asset Valuations and financial reporting packs consisting of financial statements, management fee and carried interest calculations, and investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare and/or review capital call and distribution calculations including investor notices and reconcile call proceeds and distribution payments
- Manage release of capital notices and quarterly reporting on investor reporting portal
- Review subscription agreements and ensure investor data is correctly captured in Investran
- Ensure ad hoc requests from clients and investors are addressed in a timely manner
- Work closely with manager, team and support functions to manage client expectations and ensure adherence to SLA timelines on client deliverables
- Demonstrate knowledge of Private Equity fund structures and accounting flows
- Liaise with support functions and internal stakeholders including risk and control groups, audit, compliance, implementation and investor relations
- Adhere to control framework including internal policies and procedures
- Participate in ad hoc client projects and internal initiatives
- Manage year-end process and handle requests from external auditors and tax teams
- Review fund governing documents and other related agreements, and ensure correct application of terms and conditions
- Train, supervise and develop junior staff resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA) a plus
- 3-6 years experience in an accounting role, preferably at a Big 4, PE firm or fund administrator
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for Investment Funds
- Familiar with Private Equity fund structures
- Analytical thinker and problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client service skills
- Team player with strong organizational skills and ability to see projects to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with Investran or a similar integrated Private Equity system a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role for new hires joining JPMorgan Chase. Additional requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Note: The requirement to be fully vaccinated to be hired for this role does not apply to roles with a work location in Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Montana, and Tennessee. For applicants to these roles, JPMorgan Chase will consider all qualified applicants regardless of vaccination status, due to state and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans